Tree Books

This is a Tree Book.  I made this starting on March 15 2021. My book went to Frank Gallery on May 15. This is Frank Gallery’s website, go check them out. https://www.frankisart.com/.  I worked on this book for two whole months! I got some help from a local artist named Peg Gignoux, This is her website go check it out too! https://gignouxart.com/ .

I started this process of making the tree books by first doing a screen printing process as the first step. Next I folded some paper so that it looked like a tree but I could open up the flap on the inside so there was cool art stuff in there. And then I made some printing‘s with Akua ink! Akua ink is very interesting because I can just use a very small amount of it and it’ll cover a lot of space. I  used a leaf or something from nature that I found to make a cool printing with the Akua ink.

Then I made collages of scrap paper that I made which was colored with Akua ink that looks very beautiful and I cut them out in little shapes and sizes in anyway I wanted and glued it onto my tree book.  Then I got these little yellow pockets that you can find that you can put coins in and they just look like a little pockets that I decorated and made it blend in with my tree book.

With these little pockets I put my writing inside of them so that my writing could stick out and it looks very beautiful. I made four writings. Salute to My Roots which was a not that I wrote to anybody who was in my family that had or has a big impact on my life. I did my mom and dad. The Life List which is a list that I want to do during my life time. When This is Over which is a poem about things that we take for granted and things that I want to keep happening because of this pandemic. And last but not least My Wish which is a little list that I want things to happen to this world or to the human race.

The book Wishtree by Katherine Applegate is what inspired me to make this Tree Book. In the end I shared my Tree Book with my mom and my dad and they loved it and they loved all the writing pieces in it.

I hope that you might want to try this project I had a lot of fun with making a Tree Book and I know that if you try it you might just have a lot of fun too.